Monday, January 9, 2012

Journal Article #12: The Most Disgusting Food Ever.

The most disgusting food ever. The most disgusting food EVER, in my opinion, is cooked salmon. The texture, the flavor, and the odor makes me want to gag whenever I taste it. I don’t know when was the first time I started hating cooked salmon because as a little kid, I remember eating it all the time in my household. I think when I was in highschool, my dad kept cooking salmon fish heads and I would have to eat it at least 3 times a week. I then started analyzing the cooked salmon. The texture on the fish is a bit dry, but the meat on the fish was oily, and the fishy smell of the cooked salmon made it so repulsive I would gag at the sight of it on the dinner table. Sometimes, it would be so bad that I would sit down and only eat three bites of dinner and then leave and not eat for the rest of the night. When I moved away to go to college, I never had to encounter cooked salmon anymore. (Which that is a HUGE relief) I tried cooked salmon again last summer, when my girlfriend bought home some curry cooked salmon. I couldn’t smell or recognize the cooked salmon because of the curry so I tried eating some. Sadly, the fishy smell after it entered my mouth and the texture of the fish pulled on my memories about cooked salmon and I started throwing up before I could even swallow the cooked salmon. It was quite disappointing because I would have thought that the curry would cover the smell and taste of everything on the fish because curry is a strong spice, but it did not do anything in the end. Hopefully, I can learn to enjoy cooked salmon again in the future.

P.S.- I love raw salmon sashimi. It is my favorite. I just can't eat it cooked- it's too repulsive. and that is the weirdest thing ever....

Words: 305.

No comments:

Post a Comment