Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #7: My MOST FAVORITE Tomato, Beef, & Mushroom Soup.


My most favorite dish to cook is tomato, beef, and mushroom soup. This soup/dish is very versatile because it can accompany any carbohydrates that I would like with it. I usually pair this by itself, with rice, or with macaroni or any pasta that I have. Tomato is my most favorite fruit, or vegetable, as some people might call it. I love the sour and sweet taste that it gives. It is the most refreshing and delightful fruit. It is amazing paired with ground beef, which for the ground beef I would season it with salt, sugar, rice alcohol, soy sauce, sesame oil, fine white pepper, and some cornstarch. I would then add big chunks of portabella mushrooms to the soup too. Because I sauté about 1-2 pounds of ground beef first before I put anything in the pot, the beef becomes very flavorful so I add the tomatoes and mushrooms to sauté all the ingredients and bring the flavors together. After everything cooks together for less than 5 minutes, I add about 8 cups of water and bring it to a boil for about 20 to 25 minutes. After 20 to 25 minutes of boiling, all the flavors from the beef, tomatoes, and mushrooms come out into the soup and it tastes amazing by itself or with rice or pasta. If I add pasta to the soup, I would add a little bit of garlic chili sauce to make it a little bit spicy. If I decide to add it to rice, I would add little bits of red Thai chilies, to make the soup pop. If I decide to drink it on its own, which I usually do, it will just taste amazing by itself and I won’t add anything to the soup. If you want the exact recipe, just comment below! And happy cooking to everybody!

word count: 295

P.S.- add green onions in bowl if desired for some refreshing greens!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Esther,
    Good job. Full credit for first half of journal.

    ReplyDelete