Monday, January 16, 2012

Journal Article #14: A Cricket & A Fly.



I ate a bug in class today. O.M.G.!!!!!! Wait, maybe it was an insect. Well actually, it was a cricket- a deep fried, spicy, and crunchy cricket. This is actually not the first time that I ate an insect. I distinctly remember working at my restaurant and I walked to the back of the kitchen. I saw a fly and I tried dodging it by quickly moving to the side. Little did I know, I forgot to close my mouth. So when I was dodging the fly, my mouth was actually open and the fly decided to “dodge” me so it won’t hit me and we dodged the same exact location and it flew straight into my throat. I then ran to the waitress station next to the kitchen and I tried coughing the fly out of my throat. I was coughing so hard and so many times and I could definitely imagine the customers being able to hear me coughing loudly. The fly loved the back of my throat and would not leave despite my heavy coughing. I decided that I did not want the customers to think I was really sick and serving them food so I decided to try to “drink” or swallow the fly down my throat with some iced tea. As I am drinking the cold ice tea, I feel the tea moving down my esophagus but for some reason, I still felt a big fly in my throat. I kept gulping down cold ice tea until I felt that the fly was dead. At least the fly would be dead in my throat and not alive and could fly out of my mouth while I was talking to customers. I had a “fly in my throat” feeling for the entire night and that really sucked. So eating a cricket was not the first time I ate a bug or insect- swallowing a flying fly was.

Word count: 321

No comments:

Post a Comment