Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #2: Supersize Me

Supersize Me, a documentary by Morgan Spurlock, was first played at my highschool in a physical education class during junior year. After watching two hours of this documentary, I finally stopped eating fast food. Actually, it wasn’t all that hard for me to give up eating fast food. My parents were very healthy and cooked breakfast, lunch, and dinner for my brother and me almost every single day of the year for almost 15 years of my life. Soda wasn’t an option as a drink in my house. My house barely carried any juices or milk too. My mom dedicated two hours after her 8 hour work shift to prepare and cook a three course meal and home cooked soup for the whole family every night. Fast food was the very last resort of food when my parents could not cook. When we travelled to Reno or a random place once every year, they would allow us to eat fast food when we stopped at a pit stop to fill up gas or to take a break from driving. When I gave up eating fast food seven years ago, it didn’t seem like I was giving up on anything because it wasn’t part of my diet anyways. When people ask me how I can give up on such a delicious thing, I can’t really remember what was so delicious about it? The greasiness? Or the unhealthiness? Whenever I try snacking on one fry or one nugget now (I have only made this an exception once or twice because I was starving and there are no other possible way of actually eating a real meal), I get seriously nauseous and I usually have the feeling of purging out that fry from McDonalds or whatever fast food place that fry was from. I wish the world can see how unhealthy and disgusting fast food is because eating it is adding %$^#^ to your body.

word count: 322

No comments:

Post a Comment