Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #9: Food Diary for 1Day

This is my food diary for one day. I will tell you what I ate and why I ate it. In the morning, I woke up really early at 8AM and I decided I was really hungry. I opened the refrigerator and there was nothing to eat that I can just microwave or spend a lot of time cooking. I decided to open the freezer compartment and I realize, I can microwave the $1 television meal from Banquet. I was, sort of, craving pasta and meatballs so I decided to microwave it while I was walking my dog. The breakfast meal itself, wasn’t quite so satisfying. For some reason it tasted a little bit sour to me? Maybe I did not stir or microwave it correctly. Eating about 75% of it, I decided to throw it away because I did not want a stomachache at work. I end up driving to work and while I am working, I started snacking on some mix nuts and beef jerky. The beef jerky was left over from eating it in class the day before. The mix nuts were bought by some other interns that are working with me. I snack a little and by 2PM, I end up at BJ’s in Oakridge Mall to have lunch. I was still craving pasta because the breakfast meal definitely did not fulfill my pasta cravings. I decided to go for spaghetti with roasted chicken and tomato sauce. I didn’t realize that it was 1700 calories and I specifically remembered in my other nutrition classes that females are only supposed to have 2000-2500 calories a day. I freak out for a little bit and I was debating if I should continue with ordering what I had in mind. I decided, f*** it, I am a skinny Asian girl and I can use a bit of calories. Given that I lost about 10 lbs in the 7 months because I didn’t eat enough and I didn’t have time to eat, I told myself my body has the extra calories to spare. I was pretty satisfied with my lunch and by the time I went home at 5PM, I fell asleep until 11:30PM. I woke up and I remember I promised my girlfriend I would have dinner with her once she came home from work so I decided to cook 3 cups of rice (the leftover rice will be good in the rice cooker for about 1-2 days) and to make guacamole. For the guacamole, I used two fresh guacamoles, 1/4th of a whole white onion, and a pinch of kosher salt and grinded and chopped it in the Cuisinart blender for about 30-45 seconds. I also opened up a bag of tortilla chips and a can of black bean dace. The black bean dace was to accompany the rice, while the tortilla chips were for the guacamole. For my late dinner, I ate a little bit of both with my girlfriend when she came home because I knew I couldn’t have that many calories and I would gain weight if I ate a lot at night.

word count: 505

No comments:

Post a Comment