Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #1: No Reservations

Anthony Bourdain’s No Reservations is a show that I am in love with and will endlessly watch it on hours at end. I have watched all the seasons and almost every single episode. Anthony Bourdain travels to many different parts of the world and tries the food that is native to that region. He skips the food made for tourists’ appetites and goes straight to what is popular with the actual people of the communities. The most interesting countries that Bourdain have traveled to are the Asian countries like Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, and Vietnam. I have enjoyed watching these episodes because I love eating Asian food too. The vibrant, distinct flavors from various countries are completely different from each other. Bourdain isn’t afraid to try foods that seem taboo to Americans, such as intestines, stomachs, livers, hearts, and other animal parts not traditional to American cuisine. His taste palette is not selective and it is similar to my food palette too because it relates to how I view my food. I love trying new dishes and cuisines, even if it is not an Asian cuisine. His show makes me want to travel to different countries of the world to try food native to their lands. Also, Bourdain’s skeptical and sarcastic attitude about the places, people, and culture of the country he is traveling to makes it a very entertaining show. His “realness” allows his audience to identify and connect with him while he is traveling and showing his audience around the country.

word count: 254

1 comment: