Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #5: My Dog & My Food.


Human food and my dog. Two things I love in this world are food and dogs. But these are the two things that cannot go together. I will never give my dog human food that I will or have eaten. My dog will never be able to eat what I love without dying or getting really sick. Three things that I can easily think of that my baby puppy can never eat but I love are chocolate, mushrooms, and berries. I have to admit though, being the not so tidy and clean person that I should be, I have left mini chocolates pieces and chocolate mocha coffees in my car with my dog. Thinking that my baby would never be naughty and chew or eat anything my car, he has on several occasions already, eaten all the chocolate stuff in my car. The first time, I seriously freaked out and wondered why I was so dumb to leave my chocolates in my car. My girlfriend quickly tells me to feed him a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide. She researched and heard from a couple of friends that a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide is safe for dogs and will help them throw up whatever is in their stomach. I quickly let my baby lick a spoonful of hydrogen peroxide and quicker than you know it, he threw up everything in his stomach. With no side effects, that is my choice of a solution when he eats something that he should not have. I have more than a few stories to tell about my baby puppy and human foods that one journal entry would not be enough to tell them all. But hopefully, you would comment below if you have a story to share too!

word count: 293

P.S.- my dog is too cute!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Esther,
    Please check with your vet about the hydrogen peroxide, just to make sure! Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Poison Control for Small Animals suggests using hydrogen peroxide as well! It's also recommended by vets.

      I had to, on more than several occasions, make him throw up because he ate something with chocolate or coffee with chocolate or a full plate of spam or left over food in the car. :(

      it always works with one - two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide. wait 10-15 minutes, and he will safely throw up everything in his stomach.

      Delete