Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #4: Food Addiction.

I have a food addiction. I suppose all addicts would be too scared to come out and say straight up, “I have an addiction”. But this addiction is different. It is a food addiction. An addiction that has made me spend a load of money on this certain “thing”. This “thing” comes in a variety of ways, textures, and flavors. In order to fulfill my cravings, I constantly “Yelp” for new restaurants and cuisines to see what I am missing on. My cravings for food can come early in the morning when I wake up, in the middle of the day when I am bored, or late at night when I am craving for random food. I have even given in to my addiction after I had a meal to eat some more when I am full. Why this mind blowing experience of eating would feed my addiction to food? The answer is both physical and psychological. My body combines all the different senses together-- from smelling, to feeling and touching, to seeing, and to tasting. It all starts out with looking at the food. It is like a piece of art. I just want to keep staring. And then you see the textures of the food and you imagine how it would feel in your mouth. And then the aromas hit your nose and you start salivating because of how you imagine it would taste. You finally taste it and it is like an orgasmic feeling in your mouth. That is why I have a food addiction. Food is beyond “it’s just to keep me alive.” It is artistically beautiful and an amazing experience that must be continuously felt and fed.

word count: 282

No comments:

Post a Comment