Saturday, January 7, 2012

Journal Article #3: Spicy Town

Last Sunday night, I visited a new restaurant called Spicy Town in Fremont. My girlfriend wanted to bring me to Spicy Town to try their spicy food which she said it was amazingly good. When we parked and was looking at the outside menu, we found out that they were serving all you can eat hotpot style for only $18.99. It was really cold on Sunday night so we decided to try the all you can eat hotpot because it was so cheap and it would keep us warm. I was very open minded about this restaurant because this restaurant was specifically for spicy food. I love hotpot and spicy soup bases, so I imagined it should be really good. The only restaurant that I can recommend for amazing spicy hotpot was Little Sheep Mongolian hotpot because their soup base is so good that you do not need any extra dipping sauces. When our orders came, we realized that they were very small portioned. It was a good thing because you do not want to waste food at an all you can eat place. The soup base was very spicy but other than that, not very flavorful. It was not comparable at all to Little Sheep Mongolian Hotpot. My ratings for this restaurant is that I would go again because it is good for the $19 dollars but if you I can spend more money like in the $60+ range, then I would rather go to Little Sheep Mongolian Hotpot.

word count: 250

No comments:

Post a Comment